March 7, 2017
“How come you guys don’t do custom slipcovers for other brands as well? Aren’t they all slipcover-able?”
Well, the short answer is, we actually do sew these non-IKEA slipcovers or simply couch slipcovers. Just that it’s not something we heavily communicate or advertise via our Slipcover Web Store, mostly because we haven’t found a good systematic method to do it quite yet.
From time to time though, we actually take in some requests with the custom build-from-scratch slipcovers, especially if a client shares the same idea of what a beautiful slipcover should look like 🙂 And of course, we’d like to say “Yes” to all of them and most of the time we do, provided we have the necessary photos and resources to make one for you.
While for the past few years we’ve been mostly known as specialist on custom IKEA slipcovers, at the same time though, we’ve also been trying to emulate our skills into a non-templated sofa the past 2 years or so (quietly that is).
Below is some recent photos of what we created in the past 12 months or so:
1. This directly below is a custom slipcover made in one of our best-selling fabrics, Liege Biscuit. Liz from Lovegrowswild took a sofa with attached back cushions, hacked it and slipped on one of our covers – the result is as below. Check out her full review here.
2. This below is another similar looking sofa with a client who was actually quite nervous about the project at first, but was convinced that we’d do a good job eventually. Here’s her full review and a snapshot of what she got in the end below:
3. The loveseat (2 seater) and couch (3 seater) below are the older version of the Pottery Barn Basic Sofas series; unfortunately Mary couldn’t get PB to sew a new slipcovers for her and after she stumbled upon us after seeing our Ektorp Slipcovers online; she contacted us with “can you guys do the same magic on these sofas?” She then wanted to have an additional touch of customisation by using Contrast Piping/Cording in a Latte color. The end result is a beautiful custom piece with subtle borders that complements her whole setup. This was sewn in Gaia Sand + Gaia Flax piping.
4. Courtney from Adelaide have had this leather couch in the family for over 15 years she said; it was time for it to go into the dumpster she initially thought until she saw one of slipcovers being featured on IKEAFans and decided to give us a call. Safe to say it was one of the best phone calls she made that week, and 3 weeks later, the new set showed up and shortly after, she sent us this photo below. Awesome Slipcover is awesome!
5. Last 2 photos in the post; these were both custom couch covers as well as custom dining chair covers, we worked out the measurements after exchanging 3-4 emails and confirmed all the details before we went ahead with it; 3 weeks later and voila, hope you guys enjoy the beautiful setup she has in the living space – I personally love the moroccan pouf. Isn’t it great when things just work out? 🙂
The steps to getting yourself a handcrafted made-to-measure cover start with sending us a photo and a rough overall width. This is to see if we can make covers for you, and provide a quote.
Alternatively as a ballpark, check out the table below of the charges involved (in the Army Duck or Canvas Cotton GAIA). Note that prices will already include fabrics, workmanship, and any customisations (pleats, pipes, looseness etc).
Shipping worldwide is generally free, but would incur for certain countries along with import duties so do contact us just to be sure 🙂
Price of Our Custom Slipcovers
|Sizes||Max Width||Starting Prices in USD|
|Footstool||up to 100 cm / 39″||$179.00|
|Dining chair||up to 100 cm / 39″||$79.00|
|Armchair||up to 160 cm / 63″||$329.00|
|2 Seater||up to 215 cm / 85″||$449.00|
|3 Seater||up to 260 cm / 102″||$549.00|
|4 Seater||up to 295 cm / 116″||$627.00|
Custom Slipcovers definitely aren’t the easiest things to sew especially when communications are done electronically, which is why we’re so fussy with what we can or cannot do, but our promise regardless is that we will always do our best to deliver quality and satisfaction at the end of the day 😉
Getting Custom Slipcovers Made
If you’re interested in getting custom made slipcovers for your sofa and want to know if we can do it for you, check this infographic out: https://www.comfort-works.com/news/can-my-sofa-be-slipcovered-infographic/
And if you happen to live in Salt Lake City, UT, there’s a very skillful lady by the name of “Shelley” who specializes in slipcovers for couches and throw pillows – check out her blog here.
Let us know if you think you have a cool project you want us to be involved in, we’re all ears; in any case, drop us a message and some photos via firstname.lastname@example.org to get a convo going 🙂